Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Word From Our Professor (via George Carlin)

Perry sent this quote to me in the mail. Seemed like something worth sharing, as I imagine it's very much on his mind these days, as should it be on your own.

Political Correctness is America’s newest form of intolerance, and it’s especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control peoples language with strict codes and rigid rules. I’m not sure that’s the way to fight discrimination. I’m not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.

-George Carlin

Two P'd-Offs in a pod...

1 comment:

Jay Taber said...

As I read about the Western affair with the pirate professor, I am also witnessing the demise of my alma mater in San Francisco, where a Bodmanesque coterie that ruled the small private college for thirty years, has brought it to the brink of ruin. Having systematically purged every independent-minded professor from its faculty, as well as harassed or bribed whistleblowers into gag-order severance packages, the students are now deprived of what was once a quality education. Academic integrity was dismantled one professor at a time.