Saturday, June 06, 2009

2.5 DECADES LATER--GROWNUP STUDENT(s) WAKE FROM TRANCE: PERRY MILLS WAS SOMETHING ELSE--AND WASN'T NO BREEZE!


This rare bit of hindsight from Rate My Professor, the generally insipid academic water cooler of undergraduate revenge:

"I took Perry Mill's classes in 1985 at Western. I found my thoughts drifting to him today. I did not appreciate Perry at the time. Twenty Four years later, I do! I've grown up and know what was going on in his classes now. Pay attention and show respect. What you perceive as rudeness may actually be something else."

An update! Another student from the days of yore speaks out!

"I had Perry as a Prof for a Theater/Arts film class back in '84. I thought I could breeze in and scoop up an A. Wrong! Perry didn't let anyone breeze through anything. He actually demanded me to think and when I resisted he goaded, challenged, berated me into at least trying. I respect the hell out of the man and consider him a damn good professor."

Read these and slightly less ancient opinions at: RateMyProfessor.com/PerryMills

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only way to fail his class: Call him out on his statements.